I know I am a little late on this, but I can’t not post about Charlize Theron at the Golden Globes. Charlize Theron looked absolutely stunning at the Golden Globes and I can not get over it. First lets start with her makeup. Her ethereal makeup is absolutely breathtaking. She is such a natural beauty and her simple, beautiful makeup really displays that right along with her hair. The side chignon accompanied by her diamond Cartier collection headband is stunning and perfect for the occasion. Next lets go to her dress. She could not have picked a better dress than the Dior couture gown she wore that night. The pale pink color of her dress was a gorgeous shade on her and the plunging neckline is daring yet classy. I love the high slit in the dress and the dazzling jewel sitting on her cinched waist. This look is absolutely perfect and I think Charlize Theron could not have looked better if she tried. Check out the photos below and let me know if you agree! Enjoy!
I have been interning at a Fashion PR Firm in the city for about a month now. I love it and have learned a lot. One thing I discovered while interning is that there are a few things essential to last the 7-hour (if you’re lucky) work day. Check out my tips below:
1. Chapstick/Lip Balm. While running through the city can be extremely tiring, it can also do some damage. The cold brisk air is not helpful when it comes to keeping your lips moisturized. Always carry chap-stick or lip balm or else you will wind up with dry, cracked lips which are painful and not the most flattering.
2. Moisturizer. Just like your lips, your skin can get chapped from the cold winter air as well. Carry around a moisturizer that you can slather on when need be so your skin can stay fresh all day long. I would recommend finding a moisturizer that you can use on your hands as well. Having dry hands when walking through the city can be painful. If you can not find a moisturizer that works on both your hands and face, find yourself two moisturizers. It might seem like a lot to carry but you will thank me when your hands and face are moisturized and no longer suffering from the sting of winter air.
3. A Snack and A Drink. Things can get crazy while interning at a Fashion PR Firm. Constantly pulling clothes for shoots, creating write-ups, checking in items returned, and running errands. Sometimes you might not have the chance to sit down and eat lunch, that’s where the snacks come in. For the days when it has been so crazy, the snacks and drinks I packed were my saving grace. Make sure you always have a couple of snacks and drinks on hand so you can last throughout the days when you have no time for a lunch break.
4. Purell. Hundreds of thousands of people walk through the city every single day, you have no idea where they have been or better yet where there hands have been. When you hold onto the pole while riding the subway, or open a door to get into a store you are constantly touching germs and you may not even realize it. That is where purell comes in. Purell will keep you from getting the germs you do not need and want and allow you to continue on with your day in a healthy way.
5. Comfortable shoes. When walking through the city all day long, 5 inch heels are not the shoes you want to be wearing. I always feel bad for the girls walking down the street wincing in pain because they insist on wearing huge heels. Granted, I love big heels and I know how much they can make an outfit, but I do not think they are worth my feet killing me for the next few days. If you want to wear heels, it is a must that you bring flats along with you to change into when your feet can no longer take the heels. Check out the picture below for an idea of flats that are perfect for the working girl!
Hope these tips help and if anyone can think of other tips to add please feel free to let me know!
Last night marked the annual People’s Choice Awards. Unfortunately I was unable to watch, but like every other fashion fanatic out there I have already stalked the photos. While everyone (well, almost everyone) looked great, there were a few lovely ladies who stood out beyond the rest! My favorite looks of the night come from Lea Michele, Miley Cyrus, Emma Stone, Nina Dobrev, and Lucy Hale. Scroll through the pictures below to check out their head-to-toe looks. What was your favorite look from last night’s show?